We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. The global health pandemic may be pre-occupying your thoughts, but it is important to be mindful of your everyday health. Keeping or making your regular dental appointments is a key part in maintaining your overall health.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We will be reviewing screening questions with each patient on the phone prior to your appointment and again when you arrive for your appointment
- Our team will be wearing added protective gear as health safeguards
- Each patient will have their temperature taken at check-in
- You will be asked to pre-rinse after being seated by our team member
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment
- We are offering special appointment times for patients to condense multiple appointments into one block to limit the number of times required to come into the office
- Sanitizing between each patient will be implemented following the latest guidelines by ADA and CDC as safety is of paramount importance to us
What you can do on your end:
- Use the hand sanitizer station at the front door prior to check in.
- A mask is required to enter the office and we request you keep it on until you are asked to remove it by one of us.
- Please leave family members at home to limit the number of people in the practice. Minors may be accompanied by one parent/guardian.
- If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment for two weeks later
- Maintain social distancing with 6 feet or more with other patients and our front office team
- If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please call us and let us know.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office!
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr.Smith and the team!